If you’re comparing addiction treatment facilities, how do you know which centers are truly committed to providing the best care possible? One easy indicator is to consider only programs that have gone through the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accreditation process and have received the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Level of Care certification.
This accreditation indicates the highest level of commendation that may be awarded to an organization, which illustrates that center’s dedication to meeting (and exceeding) CARF benchmarks. In order to earn this endorsement, each facility must undergo a rigorous approval process and site visit, effectively demonstrating their commitment to continuous improvement and international standards of excellence.
- The center is safe. In order to attain CARF accreditation, a center must demonstrate additional safety measures for patient protection.
- The facility is comfortable, clean, and well-maintained. A rehab will not be approved by CARF if it does not meet stringent standards for patient comfort and hygiene.
- Staff members put patients first. Staff must keep patient safety, comfort, and health above everything else in order to ensure the highest quality of care.
- The organization is focused on providing superior care. CARF-accredited facilities must demonstrate an ongoing emphasis on program improvement. Even the most highly-rated addiction treatment facilities have room to progress, and they must submit Quality Improvement Plans to CARF throughout the year.
ASAM Level of Care Certification:
This certification indicates the dedication of the center to provide consistent and evidence-based care to individuals suffering from substance abuse. They have met or exceeded the necessary requirements of the level of care they are offering and billing for.
- The facility was evaluated independently to assure it has the capacity to deliver services that meet the level of care outlined in The ASAM Criteria.
- The facility meets or exceeds measurable elements of treatment such as outcomes.
- The treatment offered at the facility is evidence based and consistent with their treatment philosophy.
- The facility consistently works with payers to help individual’s access treatment and will only bill for services provided.
At Lakeside-Milam, we’re fully dedicated to providing the most effective addiction treatment possible. We also believe in highly individualized plans that take into account each individual’s unique circumstances and background. This is why we pursued CARF accreditation beginning in 1990 and have maintained our status ever since. With the announcement of ASAM Level of Care certification, we quickly recognized the opportunity to further show our dedication and commitment to providing the best care possible.
To us, CARF accreditation and ASAM Level of Care certification means more than checking items off a list of requirements. It’s a badge of honor symbolizing our complete commitment to positive outcomes and comfortable care for all our patients.
If you or a loved one could benefit from treatment at a CARF-accredited and ASAM Level of Care certified addiction treatment facility, we encourage you to reach out to Lakeside-Milam today. Our helpful, compassionate admissions staff will walk you through the process of insurance verification and treatment planning. We look forward to speaking with you.